Infertility

Living with Infertility

Wanting, hoping waiting,
Loving, longing, knowing,
Feeling the loss before I could lose you.
Never seeing, touching or smelling.
Dreaming, aching, crying.
Losing the hope and joy,
Of Motherhood.

niki-2010

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sick, sick, sick...

Today started off pretty good. I had done a wedding yesterday, so I was a little tired. We were planning on going to the reception tonight as well, there was going to lots of fun activities and food. So we were looking forward to it. However, Lia started to act a little strange, I felt her head and she felt really hot. I took her temp and it was 101 degrees. I wasn't too worried at this point, but I did feel like something wasn't quite right. I gave her some infant Tylenol to see if I could get her fever down. Two hours later, I checked her head again and she was even hotter. She was being lethargic as well, so I took her temp again. This time it was 102.8...I was officially worried. I called our doctor (who has an after hours clinic, which we love) and they said we needed to come in. Well, a long story short...Lia has strep throat! This isn't very common in someone her age. But it does happen. So she has started her first round of antibiotics and hopefully we can get this taken care of without anyone else getting sick. I asked the doctor if it would be serious if I were to get strep due to me being pregnant and he said, "yes". So, of course I am really worried.

What a day. I am beat. I just pray that Lia will feel better soon and that we will all stay healthy. I hate it when my kids are sick. It is so sad to see them feeling so miserable.

lol

niki

3 comments:

  1. feel better Lia!! Remy got strep twice before he was 2...it stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man I hope she feels better soon and no one else in your family gets it

    ReplyDelete