Infertility

Living with Infertility

Wanting, hoping waiting,
Loving, longing, knowing,
Feeling the loss before I could lose you.
Never seeing, touching or smelling.
Dreaming, aching, crying.
Losing the hope and joy,
Of Motherhood.

niki-2010

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

HCG and giving blood...

Today started out early. I had to be at the U by 8:00 am. Now I know there are plenty of people who do this every day and my hat goes off to them...seriously.... The freeway wasn't too bad, I-215 isn't that bad either...it is that blasted Foothill Drive that slows you down to a total stop. So, I left my house at 6:30ish, just so that I wouldn't be late.

I got another ultrasound and I was excited when Dr. Hammoud said that everything looks great and that I should be ready to go Thursday! Yay! So I proceeded to get my blood drawn as they check your estrogen levels every day the week of the egg retrieval. This isn't a problem for most people, however, my veins never seem to want to give blood. I have made the best anesthesiologists upset over the fact that they can't draw my blood. I usually go through a few nurses and have to get poked several times...yesterday was okay when they only had to go in twice, but today after 3 nurses and 5 stabs and 45 minutes later there I sat woozy drinking an orange juice....However, on the 6th try the 3rd nurse was able to get what they needed. I sat back for a few minutes and was finally able to walk out with out falling on my face. The good news, I don't have to do that again tomorrow as we did the HCG shot tonight. So Thursday is my egg retrieval day, that means the transfer will happen on Sunday. So keep us in your prayers as it is crunch time!

Lots of love,
Niki

1 comment: