Infertility

Living with Infertility

Wanting, hoping waiting,
Loving, longing, knowing,
Feeling the loss before I could lose you.
Never seeing, touching or smelling.
Dreaming, aching, crying.
Losing the hope and joy,
Of Motherhood.

niki-2010

Friday, July 30, 2010

Psychological

Our brains are amazing. No one really understands how they truly work. But they do...most of the time. They tell us if we are hot or cold, in pain or happy. They can affect how you feel day by day. Your brain tells you to move whatever you want to move. It remembers things, it grows, it also slows down as you get older. The brain allows you to see, hear, touch, smell, and taste. It tells you when you are scared or excited. We can learn languages and communicate in very complex ways. It sends messages to every part of our body. So many things happen because of the brain...and so many things don't happen if it isn't working correctly. We know that the brain is very important. This was not always the case. The Egyptians and Aristotle thought is was worthless. The Egyptians, during mummification, threw the brain away. And Aristotle thought all the brain's functions came from the heart.

Why in the world would I be talking about this? Well, my brain has been telling me things that would make me believe I am pregnant...I am hoping it is because I AM pregnant and not because of pure psychological reasons....I don't want it to tell me I'm pregnant because that is what I want so much that I can literally trick myself into thinking that I am.

I pray that my brain is working as it should...I am not sure how I will handle it if it isn't.

lol

niki

2 comments:

  1. I really hope your brain is working the way it should be, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still praying and hoping for you guys.

    ReplyDelete